Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

The (M)onster of Solith

yautjan · 154 · 9390

Offline yautjan

• the Moose
    • View Profile
    • My Compositions
Volanare quickly set the rabbit's skin down and passed his hand over it, speaking a charm. Like magic, it shriveled slightly, and the fresh gore disappeared into a freshly tanned hide that could easily be sold for gold. He rolled it up and put it in his bag, before turning back to the skinned corpse and performing another spell on it. The meat burst into a flash of fire, and when it dissipated a moment later, it was thoroughly cooked. He tore into it, starving after so much magic use.

"Ready to get back home," he decided after a moment's consideration. Which meant he would need to speak to Rikerg soon if he wanted to part ways from him. "What will you do once we reach the camp?" he decided to venture, before he started asking the tough questions that he was sure the monster would not like. "Since your duty helping me has ended."
100% Quality Moose

Jabba | Cope | Ely | Readlliea

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
Rikerg watched with new fascination as he cleaned up the rabbit with a wave of his hand, more than that, its scent changed from freshly killed to something older. Then he set the rest of it on fire and didn't cook it for a fraction of the length of what he had to when just using a normal fire, and he was certain that it took a lot of practice to do such a precise thing. He didn't know how he could call the camp home, when he'd actually spent more time in the enemy camp than his own, but he didn't say anything about it.

Him asking what he would do when they made it to the camp only made him more certain that the other planned to remain with him, why else would he include him in his first journey to the camp? He was thoroughly confused by his last words and frowned before he figured that Vol meant he had done as promised in return for bandaging him up.

"I will remain with you." he said plainly.

Offline yautjan

• the Moose
    • View Profile
    • My Compositions
Ah, there it was. The tough answer that Volanare was going to have to fix. How on earth was he meant to approach this and convince the monster without angering it that he couldn't come back to Solith? Being wordy wasn't going to work, he was quickly learning, nor was being quick and sly like he had with the Andari going to. No, he'd have to be blunt. To the point.

"You can't," he said between bites of rabbit meat. So much for his order to only drink soups for a day's time. "Solith will not welcome you back. You and I must part ways."
100% Quality Moose

Jabba | Cope | Ely | Readlliea

Offline EvilCopepod

• View Profile
"Yes, I can." he said before Vol even gave his reasoning, as he disliked being told that he could not do something. "I do not care what Solith thinks of me." The only reason he would ever behave around them was because of this singular human, and he certainly wouldn't leave if they told him to. "If they try to capture me again, you would be able to free me." he said, like that was the problem. As Volanare had his magic back, Rikerg would just have to kill the offending mage to discourage another attempt and return to fighting for Solith.