Visionary Tales
9/18/19: Visionary Tales is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! Happy birthday! Leave a post on the site today (anywhere!) as a gift to VT. It's a good day to catch up on replies. (;If this is your first visit to the New VT, you'll need to create a new account. Visit the archive to view posts from Old VT.Archive site available at http://archive.visionary-tales.com

Heart of the tropics [M]

Light · 28 · 1412

Offline Light

• Not so new, roleplaying whore.
    • View Profile
This job was the only one he managed to keep this long.  A pool side server along side a swim up bar  that was always full of tourist.  It was a good job with lots of tips if he did his job right and didn't get into any trouble with the tourist.  His job was to make sure everyone had a drink in their hands and a dry towel at the ready. It was also his job to get people food  for those who sat by the little cafe. While it wasn't a major food serving job, much to his relief as remembering all those orders made his head hurt.

Having this job got him his food  and rent for the little condo complex that was developed for aquatic races like himself.  It wasn't cheap as the complex had  pools within them of either fresh water or salt water homes with the above ground options for kitchens and bedrooms. Though Lucky didn't need anything fancy just a place to eat, sleep, relax and enjoy himself.   There was always living in the ocean but Salt water was hard on his gills and there  were so much garbage in the ocean it was rather toxic for most races to live in.  Humans were to blame for this and they were slowly working on cleaning it up, though it wasn't enough.

Lucky also took this job because he was mostly lonely. While people treated him badly because of what he was, he was still thankful for what polite conversation he got, as well as interactions that made his life a little better.  Still, Lucky thought about quitting daily.  But it would be hard to afford the clean water and shrimp, krill, sweet seaweed grapes and such he loved to eat.  This wasn't so bad!

"Fancy Carp boy! I need another towel! This is all wet!"  Smack! A sopping wet towel hits lucky in the side of the face, causing a ripple of scales to appear on  his cheek.

Lucky turned around seeing this tan human in his forty's glaring at him. "I'm sorry sir.. " he apologizes, grabbing a clean towel from the little cart he was taking to his station not far. "Here's a clean one."

"Instead of day dreaming, why don't you pay attention more! I called for you as you went by me 10 minutes ago!"

Lucky frowned. He knew he could be a bit of a day dreamer,  "I'm sorry! I didn't hear you, its a little noisy  from the music." There was a bit of music that distracted him. Still, his boss said it was no excuse many times.  "Can I get you something to drink?"

"Yes. I'll take one of those pineapple drinks!"

Lucky rushed off gathering the order and brought it back pronto to keep the guest happy.  Seemingly he was and he breathed a sigh of relief.  Eight more hours and he could rest.  Lucky was already feeling tired from his job on deck today. Feeling dehydrated and longing to get into the pool. The pool was pumped full of fresh water and no chemicals and was filtered though a strong filter system to keep contaminants out.  It was non-human friendly.  He loved that about this location.

Standing at his station, he folded towels and put them away mechanically. For a while he did this until he ran out of towels and he began back around with a notepad to take orders before his break in another half hour. For whatever reason his boss seemed to find it fun to have him run the deck as least as possible while his human co-workers got the water job. They were so slow and clumsy. A lot like him on land.  Lucky knew this was discrimination but he had to follow the rules or he would be stuck inside working the restaurants. He was bad at that, and hated it!

Lucky wandered around until someone crashed into him sending him along the deck with a roll and land in the water, instantly tearing the fancy polo shirt and shorts he wore. Being sent into a shift he flailed around and orientated himself for a moment in the water before surfacing!

"Oh sorry dude, are you okay--oh.. you're a freak!" the younger man said as he realized what Lucky was as he surfaced from the darker green water. The man saw what he was, a merman.  "How did you freaking fish get a job here? This is a joke!" The guy scoffed. 

The words stung but  Lucky knew how cruel people could be. There was still a lot of social segregation even if laws said otherwise.  Lucky sank a little in the water wanting to hide. The water felt good and he wanted to swim to the bottom and curl up. Already his boss would be mad at him for ripping his clothes and making guests unhappy. Lucky  had to get cleaned up though, he could feel the scrapes get to bleeding.  Another thing his boss was gonna be upset about.

Torn clothes and radio, he gathered  and pulled himself out of the water, drawing stares from the pool area of mixed fascination, awe and disgust.  "Boss.. I need help, my clothes got torn and I got shoved into the pool.."

"Again?" came another voice on the little radio.

"Some guy crashed into me.. I'm sorry, can I get a stretcher to the employee room?" Lucky said  looking around ashamed.

"Give me a while. I'll send someone out. Consider this your break time."

"Yes sir.."

Lucky sighed and decided to slide back into the pool since he had to wait anyway. Today was rougher than others. Resting at the edge, head on his arms he sighed waiting for the others to come taxi him back. This was all just taxing..

Offline Krabat

• View Profile
Humans were a disgrace and a burden for this world.

This was a fact, Rahe had always been aware of. The non-humans had been around just as long as the human kind, they had reached every surface this earth had to offer, let it be mountains, valleys, far off jungles or the depths of the ocean. Yet still, those naked apes thought of themselves as the surpiror race. The sheer disrespect fueled the hybrids veins with rage.

Sadly, tearing those disgraces limp from limp wouldnīt help. Another lesson he had to learn early on. Instead, it was better to use the systems those humans prouded themselves in, use their laws, their forces to fight back. To free his kind, to show humans their place and make a better place out of this world, this was why Rahe had studied laws and became a lawyer in first place, one of the best in defending non-humans chases, mind you!

There had been a major case in the area, a hybrid family had pushed court to get justice for their dead son. Said son had been a merman, a very pretty specimen. The poor lad had been kidnapped, sexually abused and shot when he tried to fight back. The men responsible for the murder pleaded not guilty, as they claimed it had all been consentious and the lad had tried to kill them for money. A sad world they lived in....still, Rahe had gotten these bastards behind bars.

So now, after a really good day at court, the dragon-hybrid allowed himself some luxury and checked into a nice non-human friendly hotel with a pool. Rahe had afforeded an expensive appartment, ordered some fresh meat for later and shed his tailored suit for a white bathrobe. Today, he would relax.

As he wet down to the poolside, pulling his green-and-white hair into a bun, a merman caught his attention. The young man laid in the pool, shining gold and blue scales covered a strong looking fish tail with a little black. A koi fish! How pretty! However the lad looked down. Rahe knew to mind his own buisness, but his day had been faboulus so far, so why not try a little flirting? Maybe this was a lucky day.

So the tall man wandered over and leaned over the pool, fixing his golden eyes at the guy. He didnīīt hide the black surrounding his golden iris, he didnīt even hide the green marks or sharp teeth. Rahe was a proud aquatic dragon after all. All he did hide were the horns as people tended to touch them, much to the man annoyence.

"Good evening, I couldnīt help but notice you are a mer. Would you allow me to join you? Itīs awfully hard these days to find matching campany." With that, Rahe slid into the pool, shifting his legs into a poweful mer-tail, covered in hard scales and barbed at the back. His hands sported sharp nails, the horns became visible. "So~ my name is Rahe Deol. What do they call you?"

Offline Light

• View Profile
Lucky swished his tail lazily as he looked around for the others, he couldn't exactly shift back  here naked in public.  There were drying cubicles  not far away but  they were occupied already.  Besides his boss disapproved of nudity around the pool.  Usually he was given a little cover up to wear around his hips going in and out of the pool, but he didn't plan to be submerged today.

With the sun suddenly blocked  he looked up as a tall hybrid male crossed  over and into the pool beside him.  He didn't really have guests talking to him anyways so casually. Even some of the hybrids thought he was a little weird. It could be his sporadic occasions where he narced out or had a fit. People always talked about him.

"Oh hello.." he said confused. "Um, sure.."  Lucky glanced the dragon hybrid over. He was hansom and looked as though he could have anyone there at the pool. Why talk to him? Maybe he was another asshole who just wanted to tease him or play a trick on him.

"You can, but I am at work now. Just on break. Someone shoved me into the pool and  now I have to wait for my coworkers to take me back inside to dry off." Lucky sighed and looked around. He was sure he'd get talked to later by his boss for being so clumsy again.

Offline Krabat

• View Profile
Rahe raised a sharp eyebrow once the pretty fish had given him a description of his actually circumstances. So someone used force to show the guy into the pool, making them shift agains their will AND he was being made to wait to dry off? That was unacceptable!

"Has the person who shoved you been put into place? It is a highly underrated crime so force a non-human to shift in public. People do it for fun but in my opinion itīs highly disturbing and should be punished by law. What about your boss? Why does he make you wait for being picked up? he should have cleared a drying station for you or give you the equipment to serve in the aquatic bar! You are perfectly suited for that, why hasnīt he assigned you for that?"

Already, the dragon was getting angry. How dare those idiots treat a pretty one like this fish so poorly? "If we werenīt in the water right now Iīd hand you my card. I am a lawyer. I fight for non-human-equality."

He began to look out more, hoping to find the boss or manager so he could complain about their discrimination against their employer.

Offline Light

• View Profile
This guy seemed pretty passionate about rights. It was too bad everyone else didn't seem on board.  "Its okay.. I get in the way of people a lot and don't watch where I am going.  It wasn't my day to be tending the pool and the swim up bar. I wasn't dressed for the occasion. Everyone is busy I guess. I just decided to make this my break a half hour early. I was going to get wet anyways."

Lucky was pretty easy pushed around, he didn't like a lot of conflict but maybe thats why his boss kept him around. Other shifters might fight with the humans who came to the resort. "I just figure I'll wait for them to get me or climb into one of those booths when they are available." Lucky shrugged and  studied an ant crawling across the deck.

"You're a lawyer? Thats cool. I wish I had the brains to go to school like that. I never had the money or brains to pass all those exams. I always fell asleep in school. I barely got my diploma!" he said  thinking more school would be too hard anyways.  If he got onto something boring, he stood no chance at staying awake long enough to remember it.

Looking to the clock that was hanging at the bar, he had a bit before his break was over and about two hours before he got off the clock. "I'll be okay. Just gotta clean my scrapes off and  get dry and resume laundry before I am off. There are lots of towels to fold. I need to get that done or they pile up!"

Offline Krabat

• View Profile
Rahe wasnīt anywhere near to calming down. eThe poor lad had been shoved around so much he didnīt even care anymore! Shifters should stand proud!!! It saddend him the fish didnīt seem to feel the same. "You are never in the way of people, if anything, these humans should look out." He ran a hand through the multicolored hair, it was quite soft. Rahe almost purred! "You are a ver beautiful male, a rareity among the sea. Iīve never seen a koi-mer with such bright and clean coloration! And your headdisc is simply endearing!"

The dragon listened carefully to the boy. He was beautiful yet he seemed a little odd. "You fell asleep during lessons? Is it because you were bored or...?Anyway, donīt talk about yourself so poorly. Iīm sure you have enough brains to get along?"

Rahe was still running his hands throught the nice hair when the fish told him, heīd have to get back to work soon. Golden eyes looked over to the piles of towels. Eww...humans...With a sight, he let go of the boy. "What a bummer. I was hoping to spend more time with you? You havenīīt told me your name yet?"

A man came over to pick up lucky. The human didnīt seem very friendly, so Rahe openly glared at the guy. "Excuse me? Iīd rather ask you to treat this merman with some respect." Rahe got up out of the pool and shifted to his too-legged form. Having dragon-blood mixed in, he didnīt have to wait to get dry. The lawywe possitively towered over the man, growling a little at him and then turning to lucky with a smile.

"Listen, I really liked your company. Are you free after your shift? Iīd feel honored if youīd join me for dinner. I stay in the masters appartment on the top floor of the hotel. Iīll tell the human workers to give you the spar keycard so you can come by and visit me. Iīll wait for you with dinner if youīd like too? What foods do you like? Order anything you want and tell them to deliver it to my room. Would you do me the favour?"

Offline Light

• View Profile
Lucky  twitched at the touch but it felt good.  No one touched him like that. He leaned into the touch. This man thought he was pretty? He blushed, no one told him that. Just that he was a carp feeding off the bottom of the human race and he was better served in some one star sushi restaurant. Lucky got used to the abuse.

"I-I have narcolepsy... and epilepsy.  Things get in the way and I don't have the best memory due to head trauma.. " he said flustered.  "My name is Lucky."

When his coworker made it  over eventually, he climbed out of the pool and onto the stretcher, his long tail hanging off the canvas as it shined in the harsh sun.  He was thrown a towel and he covered himself up.  Lucky envied that Rahe could just shift at will while he was stuck to dry and flake off.

"Oh.. dinner?" he cocked his head.  No one ever asked him out like that! He liked the enthusiastic man.  The touching was nice and he craved more of it. "I'll see what I can do. I don't really have a lot of plans. Just sleeping." He looked sheepish.  He got enough of that all the time.  "I like anything really. No red meat. I like shellfish,  shrimp, krill, pasta, chips and candy.  Kelp,  lettuce and veggies are also tasty.  I'm not really picky. I'll make  it over later."

Waving him goodbye, his coworker hauled him off to the the hotel's employee locker room where he was put down on a dry patch of rubber flooring to dry off with a few towels and fans to blow on him.  "Boss will be with you soon."   His coworker looked annoyed and walked back to his duties.

It didn't take long  to dry, a half hour and he put on some spare clothes, a few bandaids and headed up to the managers office to talk to his boss.

"What happened?" He asked as Lucky closed the door.

"I got shoved into the pool.."  Lucky explained the situation and his boss nodded.

"Your outfits coming out of your check..  maybe next week you'll be put on restaurant duty. Keep out of the way from guests for a bit and then you can go back to being on pool duty and take orders.  Watch where you're going next time. Now get back to work!"

Offline Krabat

• View Profile
Rahe watched the pretty koi being brought to the back. A remarkablxy beauty he was indeed. If not a little sick sadly. But those condotions didnīt bother Rahe too much. He didnīt need a mate that could hold themselfes up or produce offspring that was fit enough for survival in the wild. As it was, Rahe had the money and the power to provide for a sick partner and still live comfortably.

"Okay Lucky, Iīll see to it and have a big dinner prepared for you. Iīm really looking foward to spend the evening with you~"

The dragon waisted no time and set into action. He asked to see Luckys boss, who seemed to have just come from where Lucky had been brought to dry. "Excuse me? Iīd like to make sure you give this to the koi-mer that works here. He really made the stay at your hotel a lot more pleasant so far. It would really be appreciated if you wouldnīt have the poor guy work his ass off too hard today?" He handed the man the spare card to his apartment and smiled in a way only lawyers could. It wasnīt exactly comforting. Yet the bill he passed the man was much more comforting.

Next was dinner. Rahe ate the red meat he had ordered earlier while picking a menue for Lucky. If his koi didnīt like meat, heīd make sure to eat it while lucky wasnīīt around. In the end, he had the maids bring him a load of shrimps, krill salads, sea kelp quiche, fance shell fish and grilled veggies. It made a very fancy looking menue with even caviar on the tray. Rahe lit a few candles and went for the bathroom to change into a nice black dressshirt and a black pair of dresspants. He left the collar open and didnīt spray any cologne. The strong smells disturbed most shifters anyway.

Now, the only thing missing was a certain koi.

Offline Light

• View Profile
The rest of the day seemed uneventful as he finished his duties.  The evenings events  and possibilities played around in his head. He never had been on a date. But he had seen some movies of what it was like. That seemed like it would be fun. 

After finishing his shift, he went back to his aquatic condo and searched for something to wear. There wasn't much. He didn't really buy expensive clothes as his condo ate much of his money.  Not that he really cared for anything fancy. 

Finding some stretchy jeans that showed off his shape, along with a graphic tee-shirt that had some blue bubbles  along the sides  that was printed on grey. He brushed his hair, his teeth and  thought he looked okay. He put on some sneakers and  when dinner time came, he headed off to the hotel again. His boss ended up giving him a key to the top level suite. He never handled house keeping but he figured  something fun had to be up there.

Riding the elevator he  waited as it dinged to the passing floors until it was stopped.  Finding the room in the small maze  he knocked politely and put the key in and tentatively  went in. "Uh..oh.. Hello?" he said looking around. This was super fancy!!!  He liked all the expensive details.  This was not a cheaper room like the ones below. Though  he had only seen the other rooms from pictures.  This was new. "This is huge! How can someone afford this!?"

Offline Krabat

• View Profile
The genuine wonder of Lucky made Rahe chuckle softly. How adoreable! The fish just entered but he already was entertaining. This had been a good choise of activity Rahe decided.

"Well good evening Lucky! Iīm so glad you made it, you look fantastic!" Rahe stood up and greeted the mer by taking his hand and almost kissing his knuckles. As Lucky wasnīt that tall, Rahe naturally bend down. As he locked eyes with Lucky, he flashed him a prealy smile. "As I said, I am a lawyer fighting for our rights. And as humans are the disgraces they are, there is a lot of work and I happen to be very good at it."

He gently put an arm around Luckys smaller back and lead him to a seat across of his own, even pulling the chair for Lucky to sit down. "Iīll gladly show you the whole suite after dinner, but letīs eat first, the food looks too good to let it get cold, donīt you think?" The dragon scanned the fishs outfit closely. The sneakers and gawdy tee were not his style, but it kinda fit the bubbly guy. The pants however let little to the imagination. Rahe absently licked his lips, wondering where this evening would lead.

Sitting down, he picked a shrimp and expertly pealed it. "So, Lucky. As someone with a chronical condition, I suppose your workfield arranges everything to your needs? Like informing your coworkers about what to do should you have an attack or giving you exes to resting rooms to sleep an attack of? Iīm sorry if this isnīt the most romantic thing to say, but I kept thinking about what you told me. I find the way you are treated compelling!"

This wasnīt a try to butter lucky up. Rahe really did feel bad about this. Lucky was a speacial needs person and only because he was a shifter, he didnīt get the things the law would give him access to.

The dragon licked his fingers, while deep in thought about what to do about Luckies situation here.

Offline Light

• View Profile
Staring at everything as they went to the dining area, Lucky was still in awe.  Lucky felt impressed that Rahe was so smart; then again most dragons were pretty brilliant minded. There weren't a lot of them that were dumb. Most of the time they stayed away from humans since they knew they were no good.  Though this guy was fighting for the shifter race.  Lucky hummed happily as he saw the dinner that was brought up. There was an abundance of the things he liked.

"Thanks, it looks wonderful!" Lucky wasn't sure what to get into first but he grabbed some salad stuff and put some krill and shrimp into the seaweed mix and ate to his delightful enthusiastic nature. 

"My work just gives me health care if I need it. I am adapted to my abilities. I don't really want to bring my health into my job  cause I don't want to loose my job.  It's okay though, it only happens sometimes. I take some medications to reduce the seizures  and my narcolepsy is manageable as long as I stay busy," Lucky reasoned as he ate his dinner.  It was high quality and fresh. He liked that.  Lucky often only got the frozen stuff as it was cheaper.

"The only real trouble I have are the racist humans that come to the resort and treat the other shifters like slaves. But you can't control human's and their nature.  There are more shifters here working than humans and most of the other human's are nice. At least a few. You can't just run a shifter only resort and expect a lot of money to come in."

Offline Krabat

• View Profile
Rahe hummed happily as he saw his guest was enjoying the dinner he ordered. With a good appetite like that, the dragon could muster the mer had a lot of energy to spend later on.

"This still doesnīt sound right? You seem like a much too precious speciesm to be treated that way. Ever presse charges?"

The idea of an shifter only resort sounded quite delightful to Rahe, yet he knew the carp was right. Most shifters lived in poverty or lower middle class. It was unlikely an establishment like that could survive. "Humans are a waste of organic material. Why do they think themselves to be above us? Can they breath under water or swim elegantly like you? Can they lift double their bodyweight or fly or breath fire? Mind you, I am an aquatic dragon, so flying is out of my range by far...still...they are naked apes that got lucky by econemy...not more. It offends me deeply that we have to play by their rules to get by."

Rahe huffed a little. He shouldnīt get that worked up...tonight was supposed to be about pleasure.

"Anyhow...if things went my way, there would be a shifter community, strong and independent, proud and equal to the humans. We would have our own land, our own resources and we most definately wouldnīt tolerate their discrimination!" Rahe had heard about the efforts of creating such areas. They were said to be managed and built by some shifter-bosses...most likely shady figures..killing of powerful human leaders on their way...manipulating politics and econemy...though Rahe paid these rumors little mind as he thought them to be just that - rumors.

He reached over the table to give luckys hand a light squeze. "Iīm really happy we met though. It gave me the chance to spoil you rotten! And Iīd like to spoil you some more Lucky." The dragon opened a bottle of sweet wine, figuring strong stuff would not be Luckys thing. He poured both of them a glass and raised his to toast to Lucky. "Letīs have a delightful evening, shall we? There is so much more Iīd like to learn about you, about how you live...if you are seeing someone recently?"

Offline Light

• View Profile
"No I don't think I would ever do that, I haven't been hurt. So I don't have any reason to be angry.  I don't want to fight with humans.." he said passively. It didn't bother him he wasn't at their level or anything. "I'm not saying I like humans.. but there are some okay ones out there."

Lucky stuffed his face as he listened to Race. "You're so smart, Rahe! I admire your ambition to make shifters have a brighter future." He packed down the rest of the meal easily and leaned back feeling  full. "It would be nice to just live in peace with the humans."

"Hmm well I admire your passion. Lets just get to know each other tonight. You seem like a nice guy. No one has ever asked me out to dinner," he said and watched Rahe pour some wine. Lucky never drank before. He knew what it was he just thought it was strange that people liked to get goofy.  Lucky would try it though. Being above the legal age to drink he just didn't find wasting money on liquor was worth it.

Chinking the glasses he sipped on it and  paused thinking about it. It was an odd flavored juice.  He couldn't pin his finger on it but he liked it  but at the same time he felt odd drinking it. But in the end he drank more.  Having never drank before he was already hit with a wall of drunkness. "I never had wine before. It taste like juice thats been sitting out for too long."

"I never dated anyone before. No one has asked me out before.  Maybe they look at me and think I'm ugly."

Offline Krabat

• View Profile
Rahe nearly dropped the bottle. "Seriously? Noone ever tried to ask you out before? I can hardly belive that! What a disrespect! .... On the other hand...that makes me a very lucky man, to be your first date, yes?" The dragon right out leered at he young man before him. Lucky sure was a precious one! Sweet and naive, so very innocent. If everything went Rahes way he wouldnīt be that innocent tomorow.

Rahe chuckled, a low rumble that vibrated through his chest. Sitting this near by Lucky, he was sure the other felt it. "Are you trying to fool me or fish for compliments my dear?" He used his clawed, well maicured finger to lift Luckys chin, so the younger male looked him directly into the black-golden eyes. "I said it before and Iīll stay true to my word. You are the most delightful sight I have encountered in years! Your skin is as fair and shines like fine porcelain, your features are soft and so smooth, like a young greek god!"

With clear intend, the dragon leaned in more, their noses almost touching. The hand that had previously held the others chin was now lightly running through mulitcolored hair, feeling the soft texture and giving Luckys scalp a soothing carressing. "Your hair too, itīs softer than the finest alpaca, the colors so soft yet clean...your sclaes...like pearls...everything about you is rich and fine, luxury...adn Iīm sure you know how much a dragon treasures such things...Iīd like to make you my treasure, Lucky."

With that he closed the distance and gently kissed the merman. Rahe left his hand in Luckys hair, but didnīt hold him, if the fish wanted out he could.

Offline Light

• View Profile
Lucky blinked  feeling the effects of the wine a lot faster than the hybrid did.  It made him warm on the inside,  starting from his groin and spreading through his limbs.  "Oh.." he giggled feeling bubbly. "Yeah you're my first date I guess. I seen some dragons here and there at the resort, they don't look at me like you do.  Though they usually are wearing sunglasses."

His touches made him feel warm on the inside and he  grew excited to see where those hands were going. "Thank you I guess," he said blushing, the disk on his head brightening with his excitement. "You're pretty good looking to. You're really tall! Your horns are pretty.. um horny and they look hard."  To say the least he was awful at flirting. "Treasures? I don't know if I could be such but I don't mind being close to you."

Lucky  never had been kissed and this was making his body flare up with excitement as he grew instantly hard in his jeans that were too rough in texture for him now. He made a muffled noise of surprise but gradually eased into a kiss in a sloppy way that left saliva all over. "Oh.. oh my.." he said pulling away from some oxygen. "That was amazing. Is that what sex feels like?"